and Emily Millie Polly
William Stamper b 27 Mar 1774 Granville Co NC d 30 Apr 1852 Morgan Co KY; buried Stamper Cemetery; m. Emily Millie Polly b 2 Aug 1778 NC d 17 Apr 1850; buried Stamper Cemetery, Grassy Creek, Morgan Co KY. Children of William Stamper and Emily Millie Polly;
1. James B Stamper b 13 Dec 1797 Letcher Co KY
2. Sarah Stamper b 15 Nov 1799 NC
3. Martha Stamper b 28 Feb 1801 Perry Co KY
4. Rachel Stamper b Feb 1803 Perry Co KY
5. Hiram H Stamper b 19 Apr 1806 Perry Co KY
6. Isom Stamper 18 Nov 1807 Wilkes Co NC d 3 Apr 1899 Turkey Creek, Letcher Co KY; m. 20 Mar 1830 by John Dixon to Sarah Melvina Sally Creech b 22 Aug 1807 Lee Co VA d 7 Jan 1872 Perry Co KY; d/o John Creech and Peggy Wells.
7. John Whit Stamper b 28 May 1808 Perry Co KY
8. Elizabeth Stamper b 16 Jan 1811 Perry Co KY
9. Belinda Stamper b 23 May 1813 Perry Co KY
10. Isaac Daniel Stamper b 19 Sept 1816 Perry Co KY
11. Nancy Stamper b 19 Sept 1816 Perry Co KY
12. William Buckner Stamper b 1 May 1820 Perry Co KY
13. Mary Polly Stamper b 20 Apr 1823 Perry Co KY
William Stamper was a farmer, trapper, hunter, and trader. Born in NC He migrated from the area of NC to KY, and settled on Rockhouse Creek Southeastern KY, Perry County. He was magistrate and Sheriff of Perry County. Rockhouse Creek became Letcher Co KY 1842. Williams son John Whitt was the first tax assessor of the new county. Married Emily Polly after 1843. William and Emily moved to Morgan Co KY. William died 1852 and is buried at Stamper Cemetery. Emily died 1850 and is also buried at Stamper Cemetery.