and Maybelle Branham
Samuel Bentley b 22 Aug 1901 Letcher Co KY d 17 Dec 1978 Pike Co KY; s/o John Davis Bentley and Mary Elizabeth Mullins. Samuel Bentley m. 1919 to Maybelle May Branham b about 1901 TN d 22 Jan 1977. Children of Samuel Bentley and Maybelle Branham;
1. Samuel J Bentley b 1923 KY (deceased)
2. Charles Bentley b 1925 KY (deceased)
3. Theda Bentley b 1927 KY; (deceased) m. Albert Moon Childers b 17 Nov 1921 Carbon Hill, AL d 30 Jul 1994 Jenkins, Letcher Co KY; buried Sam Bentley Cemetery, Jenkins, KY; s/o Claude Childers and Ruby Scruggs.
4. Roy E Karo Bentley b 19 Nov 1929 Norton, VA d 9 Jul 2018 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; buried Sam Bentley Cemetery, Payne Gap, KY; m. Anna Sue Bentley b 17 Jan 1932 KY; d/o Otho Bentley and Nancy Alice Hall.
5. Manuel Bentley b abt 1935 KY (deceased)
Obituary: Albert Moon Childers
17 Nov 1921 - 30 Jul 1994
Husband of Theda Bentley
Albert Moon Childers, age seventy two of Jenkins (KY), died on Saturday, July 30, 1994 at 9 P.m. at the Jenkins Community Hospital following a long illness. He was the son of the late Claude and Ruby Scruggs Childers of Hamilton, Alabama, born November 17, 1921 at Carbon Hill, Alabama. His family moved to McRoberts when he was a young man. Preceding him in death were an infant son, and two half brothers, E.A. Couch and Robert F Couch.
Survivors include his wife of thirty-eight years, Theda Bentley Childers; a brother-in-law, Roy (Karo) Bentley of Jenkins; nephews; Dave, Mark, Gerald, Roy, Mike and Mark Bentley, also Buddy Childers Couch; nieces; Marsha Couch; Pam Dorman; Barbara Hale and Judith Lee; first cousins; Dorothy Nell Douglas; Raymond Scruggs; Ed Lewis Childers and Morris Childers; special relatives; Jack and Loretta nowlin.
He was a member of the Jenkins United Methodist Church; Masonic Lodge #856 F&AM of Jenkins; American Legion Post 66 of Jenkins; a veteran of the united States Army, having served four and a half years during World War II; a member of UMWA Local 1468; having worked thirty-eight years for Consolidation and Beth-Energy Coal Corporations.
Funeral services for Albert Moon Childers were conducted from the Chapel of Polly & Craft Funeral Home in Jenkins, Kentucky on Tuesday, August 2, 1994 at 1 p.m. The officiating ministers were Reverends Mark Engler and Russ Holland with the eulogy given by Representative Paul Mason. Roy "Karo" Bentley, nephews and family served as pallbearers. Graveside Masonic Services were conducted by Masonic Lodge #856 F&AM. Burial took place in the Sam Bentley Cemetery, in Jenkins, Kentucky.