and Susannah Roark
Samuel Blair b 27 Jan 1865 Letcher Co KY d 25 Oct 1940; buried Preston Blair Cemetery, Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; findagrave 63319987; s/o Preston Blair and
Ellender Nellie Adams. Samuel Blair m. Susannah Roark b 1873 Letcher Co KY d 3 Dec 1950 Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; buried Preston Blair Cemetery, Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; findagrave 63319925; d/o Leander Lee Roark and Nancy Back. Children of Samuel Blair and Susannah Roark;
1. James Jim Blair b 7 Feb 1894 d 2 Apr 1983; buried James Blair Cemetery, Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; findagrave 111753222; m. 25 Apr 1922 to Arminda Adams b 17 Jul 1901 d 21 May 1985; age 83; buried James Blair Cemetery, Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; findagrave 111753141. Children of James Jim Blair and Arminda Adams; i. Estevah Blair b 22 Oct 1927 d 28 Apr 2010; buried James Blair Cemetery, Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY. ii. Paul Blair iii. Bruce Blair iv. Burl Blair v. Wayne Blair vi. Vernon Blair b 23 Jan 1923 Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; m. 24 Oct 1953 Roxana, KY to Vina Mae Whitaker b 25 Mar 1925 Blackey, KY vii. Ival Blair (m) b 22 Aug 1933 Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY d 26 Aug 1997 Connersville, Fayette Co IN; buried Maple Grove Cemetery, Brookville, Franklin Co IN; findagrave 201218624; m. Frances Unknown b 1940. viii. Douglas Blair
2. Margaret Maggie Blair b 23 Oct 1898 d 8 Dec 1986; age 88; buried Preston Blair Cemetery, Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; findagrave 125817831; m. William Franklin Thompson b 5 Apr 1884 d 13 Nov 1946; age 62; buried Preston Blair Cemetery, Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; findagrave 63320313; s/o L D Thompson and Julia Byrd.
3. Elizabeth Blair b 1901 KY d 1981; buried Woodlawn Cemetery, Walkerton, St. Joseph Co IN, Section D row 13 #2; findagrave 32630445; m. Irvin Campbell b 21 Jun 1900 d 7 Dec 1985; buried Woodlawn Cemetery, Walkerton, St. Joseph Co IN; Section D row 13 #2; findagrave 32630469;
4. Robert Lee Blair b 1 Jan 1904 (tombstone) d 28 Jul 1949 of pulmonary tuberculosis; buried Preston Blair Cemetery, Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; findagrave 63320216; m. Mary Combs b 15 May 1911 Ary, Perry Co KY d 27 Nov 1938; age 27; Perry Co KY; died of brain abesess following abesessed teeth; d/o Green Combs and Vina Jones. She was probably buried on private property. Children of Robert Lee Blair and Mary Combs; i. Donald Blair b 15 Sept 1930 d 5 Mar 2009 ii. Samuel Blair b 2 Dec 1932 (deceased before Jan 2014) iii. Sarah Susan Blair b 5 Aug 1937 d 14 Jan 2014.
5. John Willard Blair b 7 Aug 1905 Letcher Co KY d 25 Jan 1978 Pulaski Co KY; buried Double Springs Cemetery, Waynesburg, Lincoln Co KY; findagrave 34043828; m. Clara Catherine Eoff b 4 Apr 1914 Pulaski Co KY d 18 Aug 1986 Somerset, Pulaski Co KY; buried Double Springs Cemetery, Waynesburg, Lincoln Co KY; findagrave 25173431; d/o George Franklin Eoff and Rebecca Ann Young.
6. Susan Blair b 28 Mar 1908 d 29 Mar 1995; age 87; buried Woodlawn Cemetery, Walkerton, St. Joseph Co IN; Section B Row 19; findagrave 49379594; m. Clifford R LaBere b 18 Nov 1917 d 3 Jun 1972; age 54; buried Woodlawn Cemetery, Walkerton, St. Joseph Co IN; Section B row 19; findagrave 35373164; s/o Archibald Royce LaBere and Lydia Margaret Hartsoch.
7. Bradley Blair b 14 Feb 1910 d 29 Apr 1966; age 56; Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; buried Bill Blair Cemetery, Jeremiah, Letcher Co KY; findagrave 101808665.
8. Elbert Blair b 3 Nov 1913 KY d 22 Apr 1973; age 59; Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY; buried Lowe Cemetery, Winner, Carter Co TN, Row 1, Grave 1; findagrave 96869303; m. Alice Blair b 2 Feb 1925 Letcher Co KY d 1 Feb 1970; age 44; Indianapolis, Marion Co IN; buried Maple Grove Cemetery, Brookville, Franklin Co IN; findagrave 111307099; d/o Dewey O Blair and Amanda Manda Adams. Children of Elbert Blair and Alice Blair; i. Joyce Blair ii. Bobby Wayne Blair b 1940 d 2003 iii. Dorothy Mae Blair b 1941 d 2012 iv. Dan Blair b 1948 v. Myrtle Blair b 1951 vi. Russell Blair b 1952 d 2012 vii. Joyce Blair b 1954 d 2001 viii. Alta Blair b 24 Apr 1956 d 3 Sept 2013; buried Cupps Chapel Cemetery, Brookville, Franklin Co IN; findagrave 148669648 ix. Enoch Blair b 1960.
Obituary: Estevah Blair
22 Oct 1927 - 28 Apr 2010
Estavah Blair, 82, died April 28 (2010) at her home in Jeremiah (Letcher Co KY). A daughter of James and Arminta Adams Blair. Survivng are four brothers, Paul Blair, Horse Cave, Bruce Blair and Burl Blair, both of Jeremiah, and Wayne Blair, Connorsville, In.; and a number of nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers, Vernon Blair, Ival Blair, and Douglas Blair. Funeral services were held April 30 (2010) at Letcher Funeral Home in Whitesburg (Letcher Co KY). Burial was in James Blair Cemetery in Jeremiah.
Obituary: Susan Thompson May
9 Oct 1925 - 25 Jul 2010
Susan May, 84, of Ironton, passed away Sunday, July 25, 2010, peacefully at home. The Jeremiah, Ky., native was born Oct. 9, 1925, the daughter of the late William and Maggie Blair Thompson.
Susan grew up on Blair Branch Holler in Whitesburg, Ky., and attended Blair Branch schools. She was an active member of City Mission Church in Ironton. She worked as a self employed Home Health Care Aid for 20 years. She was a lady of grace and courage and strived to take care of everyone.
In addition to her parents she was preceded in death by husband, Johnnie May whom she married in 1942; daughter, Maggie Lynn May; five brothers, James, Thomas, William, Don and Sam Thompson; four sisters, Amentia (Helmer) Adams, Martha Cummings, Sarah Joe Adams and Virginia (Dorothy) Jackson; and a granddaughter, Hope May.
She is survived by two sons and daughters-in-law of Pedro and Ironton; three sisters and two brothers-in-law; a brother, of Kitts Hill; nine grandchildren; 21 great grandchildren; and three great great grandchildren.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Thursday at City Welfare Mission Church with Rev. James Cremeans officiating. Burial will follow in Sugar Creek Cemetery. Body will lie in state 1 hour prior to the service. Friends may call Wednesday from 6 until 9 pm at Phillips Funeral Home.
The Ironton Tribune
Obituary: Alta Blair
24 Apr 1956 - 3 Sept 2013
Alta Blair, born April 24, 1956, passed away September 3, 2013, in Rushville at Rush Memorial Hospital. She was the daughter of Elbert and Alice Blair.
Alta worked 33 years for Sperry Rice Company in Brookville. She loved fishing, gardening, mushroom hunting and tending flowers, indoors and out.
Alta leaves her brothers, Dan and Jan Blair of Joseph, Oregon, Enoch and Joy Blair of Laurel and Billy Ray Blair of Everton; and sisters, Myrtle and Ray Thomas of Metamora, Charlene and Randy Bennett and Carol Brown, all of Connersville.
Preceding her in death were her brothers, Bobby Wayne Blair and Russell Blair; sisters, Dorothy Mae Blair Ison and Joyce Blair Smith Plummer; and her parents.
There will be a service conducted by Reverand Rob Edwards on September 27 at 10 a.m. at Cupps Chapel Cemetery in Metamora on State Road 229.