Mason Mace Combs
and Jane Jenny Richardson
Mason Mace Combs b about 1759 VA d 1822 Perry Co KY; m. 29 January 1792 Wythe Co VA to Jane Jenny Richardson b about 1764 VA d after 1840 Perry Co KY. Children of Mason Mace Combs and Jane Jenny Richardson;
1. Rebecca Becca Combs b about 1794 d about 1833 Clay Co KY; m. 13 Dec 1813 Clay Co KY to John Jack Combs Jr; s/o John Soldier John Combs and Margaret Biddy Nantz Combs.
2. Nancy Combs b about 1795 Owsley Co KY d after 1860 Owsley Co KY; m. 25 Aug 1814 Clay Co KY to Hardin Sooner Cat Combs Sr; s/o John Soldier John Combs and Margaret Biddy Nantz Combs.
3. Willmuth Willie Combs b about 1796 KY; m. 15 Jun 1820 Clay Co KY to William Davis Combs b about 1794; s/o John Soldier John Combs and Margaret Biddy Nantz. Child of William Davis Combs and Willmuth Willie Combs;
i. Alexander S Combs b about 1825 KY d IN; m. 6 Nov 1846 Perry Co KY to Polly Brashear b about 1825. Child of Alexander S Combs and Polly Brashear; I. Finley Sira Combs b about 1855 Happy, Perry Co KY d about 1933 Happy, Perry Co KY; m. 7 Aug 1876 to ??
4. Sarah Sallie Combs b about 1797; m. 13 Dec 1817 to William Combs.
5. Tabitha (Talitha?) Combs b about 1798.
6. Washington Luke Combs b 1799 KY d 22 Feb 1882 Breathitt Co KY; m. 25 Dec 1826 to Sally Whitaker b 17 Apr 1809 Taylor Co KY d 1870/1880 Perry Co KY; d/o Isaac Whitaker and Susannah Harris.
7. Preston Combs b 1800 Perry Co KY d 7 Oct 1877 Breathitt Co KY; m. Nancy Stacy, b 1799 Perry Co KY d 1860/1869 Breathitt Co KY; d/o Benjamin Stacy and Barbara Combs. Preston Combs m. (2) Sarah Sallie Unknown b 1828 KY d after 1880.
8. Napoleon Bonaparte Boney Combs b 1807 Perry Co KY d after 1900 in Booneville, Owsley Co KY; m. 27 Dec 1833 Perry Co KY to
Susan Ison, b 1810 Perry Co KY d after 1870 Owsley Co KY; d/o George Ison and Annie Ingram.
9. Tarleton Talt Combs b 11 Mar 1809 Perry Co KY d 13 Oct 1876 Perry Co KY; m. 25 Dec 1826 Perry Co KY to Elizabeth Betty Ison b 12 Nov 1807 d 12 Oct 1895 Perry Co KY; d/o George Ison and Annie Ingram.
10. Massingil Martin Mart Combs b 1810 KY d 1892 Perry Co KY age 82 years; m. 14 Feb 1825 (or 3 Mar 1825) Perry Co KY
to Elizabeth Betts Combs b about 1812 Perry Co KY d 1886 age 74 years; d/o Jeremiah Long Jerry Combs and Nancy Combs. Massingill Martin Mart Combs m. 1892 to Polly Kelly.
11. Clinton Grizzler Combs b about 1811 Perry Co KY d 8 Jun 1899 Perry Co KY; m. to (1) Matilda Tildy Combs; d/o George Old George Combs and Lydia Harrell. Clinton Grizzler Combs m. (2) to Elizabeth
Betts Combs, b 1810 KY d 7 Feb 1853 Perry Co KY; d/o Shadrach Shade Combs Sr and Martha Patsy Casebolt. Clinton Grizzler Combs m. 9 Apr 1857 Perry Co KY to (3) Louanna Baker b 1839 KY d after 1880 Perry Co KY d/o Isaac Baker and Elizabeth Griffin.
The oldest of “The Eight Combs Brothers” was Mason Combs. He was born in 1757,
in Warren County, VA. He married Jenny RICHARDSON, on 29 Jan 1793.
Mason and Jenny had eleven children.
One of their children was named Massingill Mart Combs.
Mason was 38 years old when the Combs family arrived in Perry County.
He claimed all the land along the Carr´s fork of the Kentucky river. From the
mouth of the fork, where Jeff is now, down the fork six miles, to the mouth of
White Oak Creek, where Vicco is now.
Mason built his home on a high hill at the mouth of Carrs Fork.
He also claimed all of the land surrounding the fork of the river that runs
southwest from the fork of Carrs, and named it Maces Creek, after himself. The
main part of Maces Creek is about 10 miles long with 12 branches running off the
main creek. And several smaller branches running off those. Mason keep Maces
Creek for a several years. Then traded all his land on Maces Creek for a hound
dog and hunting rifle. After Mason traded his land on Maces Creek he lived on
his property on Carrs Fork, at the mouth of White Oak Creek.
Mason died in 1822 in Perry County, Kentucky. He died of a typhoid epidemic.
Mason is buried on the point at the mouth of the Carrs Fork of the Kentucky