Hiram Monroe Crase
and Martha Dicy Collins
Hiram Monroe Crase b 6 Mar 1860 KY d Jun 1930 Letcher Co KY; buried Collins Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; s/o James W Crase and Elizabeth Stallard. Hiram Monroe Crase m. about 1877 Letcher Co KY to Martha Dicy Collins b 13 Jul 1854 Letcher Co KY d 27 Nov 1900 Letcher Co KY; buried Collins Cemetery, Letcher Co KY; d/o William Bill Collins and Elizabeth Eliza Breeding. Children of Hiram Monroe Crase and Martha Dicy Collins;
1. Rutherford Benjamin Hayes Crase b 16 Apr 1878 Letcher Co KY; m. Grace Brown. Children of Rutherford Benjamin Hayes Crase and Grace Brown; i. Joe Brown Crase ii. Collis D Crase iii. Eugene C Crase
2. James William Willie Crase b 23 Sept 1879 Letcher Co KY d 28 Jul 1974 Letcher Co KY; m. Mary Bentley b 14 Oct 1881 Letcher Co KY d 25 Aug 1957 Letcher Co KY; d/o Riley Bentley and Lucinda Profitt. Children of James William Willie Crase and Mary Bentley; i. William Henry Wallace Crace ii. Benjamin Hayes Crase iii. Ewen E Crase iv. Bruce Crase v. Leonard Crase vi. Grace Cress vii. Bertha Jean Crase viii. Lavina Crase ix. Henry Wallace Crase
3. Minnie Bell Crase b 7 May 1881 KY d 27 Sept 1896 KY
4. Emma Jane Crase b 16 Apr 1883 Colson, Letcher Co KY d 29 May 1968 Jenkins, Letcher Co KY; buried Riley Bentley Cemetery, Deane, Letcher Co KY; m. 9 Jan 1899 to Rosencrans Crance Cook b 15 Feb 1879 Letcher Co KY d 25 Oct 1961 Letcher Co KY; s/o Archelous Cook and Nancy Adams. Children of Rosencrans Cook and Emma Jane Crase; i. Ollie Cook ii. Nola Cook iii. Henry Cook iv. Marion Cook v. Martin Cook vi. Eva Cook vii. Nannie Cook viii. Martha Cook ix. Rosencrans Cook Jr. x. Myrtle Cook xi. Bennie Cook
5. Elizabeth Crase b 31 Aug 1884 Letcher Co KY; m. 22 Dec 1900 Letcher Co KY to Samuel L Sam Breeding b 31 Aug 1876 d 27 Aug 1947 age 70 years; s/o Wesley Breeding and Sarah Franklin.
6. John Bruce Crase b 1 Apr 1886 Letcher Co KY d 24 Jan 1899
7. Ada Crase b 1 Apr 1889 Letcher Co KY d 8 Dec 1981; buried Rockhouse, KY; m. 8 May 1915 to Alexander Profitt b 18 Jul 1888 d 27 Dec 1972; buried Rockhouse, KY; s/o Jesse Edward Profitt and Mary Ellen Smith.
8. Eliza Louise Crase b 20 Feb 1891 Letcher Co KY.
9. Millard M Crase b 6 Dec 1892 Letcher Co KY d 1 Dec 1952 Letcher Co KY; m. Nannie Breeding b 5 Apr 1891; d/o Wesley Breeding and Sarah Franklin. Children of Millard M Crase and Nannie Breeding; i. Nannie M Crase ii. Viola Crase iii. Mack Crase iv. Roy H Crase.
10. Herman Henderson Crase b 26 Nov 1894 Letcher Co KY d Aug 1980; m. Viola Webb. Children of Herman Henderson Crase and Viola Webb; i. Paul Crase ii. Herman H Crase.
11. Martha Crase b 22 Feb 1896 Letcher Co KY; m. Scott Miller.
12. Warren Crase b 6 Dec 1897 Letcher Co KY.
13. A Twin Crase b 27 Nov 1900 KY d 27 Nov 1900.
14. A Twin Crase b 27 Nov 1900 KY d 27 Nov 1900.
Hiram Monroe Crase
and Mary Alice Baker
Hiram Monroe Crase b 6 Mar 1866 KY d Jun 1930; s/o James W Crase and Elizabeth Stallard. Hiram Monroe Crase m. about 1901 to (2) Mary Alice Baker b 11 May 1882 Letcher Co KY; d/o Elcainey M Baker and Minnie Melvina Lane. Children of Hiram Monroe Crase and Mary Alice Baker;
1. Edward Bruce Crase b 8 Sept 1905; m. Irene Langford.
2. William McKinley Crase b 18 Oct 1908; m. Viva Belle Hickman.
3. Luther Crase b 1 Dec 1909; m. Irene Collins.
4. Ova Chloe Crase b 19 Jun 1912.
5. Erwin Clay Crase b 23 Jun 1913.
6. Hester Lee Crase b 1 Jan 1915 d 25 Jun 1969; m. Columbus Dixon (Dickson).
7. Hubert Crase b 27 Jul 1916 d 23 Aug 1944 killed in action during WWII France; m. (divorced) Agnes Hall.
8. Lue Eloy Crase b 30 Nov 1919.
9. Lake Crase b 21 Oct 1920; m. Ernest Banks.
10. Charlie Crase b 13 Jun 1922; WWII U.S. Army; m. Rhoda Lowe.
11. Robert L Crase Pvt. WWII France
Obituary: Pvt. Hubert Crase
27 Jul 1916 - 23 Aug 1944
Mt. Eagle News, Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY, Thursday Evening, September 28, 1944: Pvt. Hubert Crase Killed in Action. PFC. Hubert Crase: Pfc. Hubert Crase, age 28, entered service Oct 12, 1939 and landed in Iceland September 11, 1941.
Pvt. Hubert Crase WWII KIA 23 Aug 1944 France
After he was there for two years he was sent to England, from there to Ireland, and then to France where he was killed on August 23, (1944).
He was survived by his mother, Mrs. Mary Crase of Christopher, Ky., two brothers in service Pvt. Robert L. (Crase) in France, and Pvt. Charles (Crase) Staten Island, New York. E. J. (Crase) and McKinley (Crase) of Thornton, Ky., Mrs. Hester Dixon and Miss Lake Crase of Christopher, Ky.,; B. H. (Crase) of Washington, Willie Crase, Elizabeth Crase and Eliza Crase of Neon, Ky.,; Emma Crase of Democrat; Millard Crase of Lester, Ky; Ada Crase of London, Ky.; Herman Crase of Louisville, Ky.; Warren Crase and Martha Crase of Detroit Mich., also his former wife Miss Agnes Hall of Louisville, Ky.
1900 Letcher Co KY Census ED 76 District 3 Rock House
56 56 Crase Munrow Head W M Mar 1860 40 M 23 KY KY VA Farmer
56 56 Crase Dicy Wife W F July 1854 40 M 23 KY KY KY
56 56 Crase Hayes R Son W M Apr 1878 21 S KY KY KY Farmer
56 56 Crase William J Son W M Sept 1879 20 S KY KY KY Farm Labor
56 56 Crase Lizabeth Daughter W F Aug 1884 15 S KY KY KY Farm Labor
56 56 Crase Ada Daughter W F Apr 1889 11 S KY KY KY Farm Labor
56 56 Crase Luisa Daughter W F Feb 1891 9 S KY KY KY
56 56 Crase Millard Son W M Dec 1892 7 S KY KY KY
56 56 Crase Herman Son W M Nov 1894 5 S KY KY KY
56 56 Crase Martha Daughter W F Feb 1896 4 S KY KY KY
56 56 Crase Warney Son W M Dec 1897 2 S KY KY KY