Virgil Sheldon Reynolds
and Lona Adams
Virgil Sheldon Reynolds b 3 Nov 1914 Pound, Wise Co VA d 4 May 1984 Pound, Wise Co VA; s/o William Cody Reynolds and Clara Whitaker. Virgil Sheldon Reynolds m. 24 Jul 1937 to Lona Adams b 19 Oct 1908 Pound, Wise Co VA d 19 Apr 2012 Pound, Wise Co VA; d/o Everette Adams and Savannah Mullins. Children of Virgil Sheldon Reynolds and Lona Adams;
1. Paul Sheldon Reynolds b 1938 VA; m. 3 Mar 1956 Bedford VA to Elizabeth Ann Creasy b 1940; d/o Ernest Morton Creasy and Ruth Elizabeth Graybill.
2. Glenda Sue Reynolds b 24 Jul 1944 Nora VA; m. 27 Feb 1982 Pound VA to (3) Larry Dane Wright b 24 Aug 1940 VA; s/o Clarence Wright and Alta Mullins. Glenda Sue Reynolds m. 25 Jun 1980 Wise Co VA to (2) Conrado Cruz Francisco b 14 Dec 1923 Phillipine Islands; s/o Juan Francisco and Irene Cruz. Glenda Reynolds m. 23 Jul 1962 Clintwood, VA (divorced 5 July 1978) to (1) Jerold Shortt b 1941 Dean KY; s/o Burley H Shortt and Nellie Faye Addington.
3. Bernice Reynolds b 9 Jun 1941 Wise Co VA; m. 3 Jan 1961 Pound VA to (1) Larry Neal Vanover b 9 Feb 1941 VA d 24 Oct 1972 Roda, Wise Co VA; died in the Roda Coal Mine from Rock fall in mine; buried Vanover Family Cemetery, Pound, VA; s/o Carl Vanover and Lillian Dingus. Children of Larry Neal Vanover and Bernice Reynolds; i. Tina Mae Vanover b 6 Nov 1964; m. 29 Jan 1983 Pound VA to Joe Eddie Addington b 15 Jan 1962; s/o Lloyd Addington and Ruby Adams. ii. Teresa Lynn Vanover b 8 Jun 1962 VA; m. 23 Jun 1979 Pound VA to Jeffery Lynn Carter b 7 Sept 1958 VA; s/o Barney Carter and Polly Belcher.
Bernice Reynolds m. 11 Jun 1982 Pound VA to (3) Paul Douglas Potter b 23 Jul 1946 KY; s/o Vick Potter and Myrtle Strange. This marriage was the 3rd for both of them. Bernice Reynolds m. 6 Aug 1977 to (2) Kenneth Eugene Mullins b 20 Oct 1941; s/o Joseph Mullins and Vadna Blair.
4. Joseph Edwin Reynolds b 1944 Wise Co VA; m. 1 Jan 1965 Pound VA to Jannit Faye Boggs b 1948; d/o Vernoy Boggs and Ilene Hurt
5. Ronnie Allen Reynolds b 2 Feb 1948; m. 5 Nov 1966 Clintwood, VA to Rhonda Lawson b 1950; d/o D R Lawson and Edith Davis. Ronnie Allen Reynolds m. 24 Nov 1979 Pound VA to Sharon Ann Halcomb b 21 Nov 1956; d/o Jim Halcomb and Rachel Adams.
Lona Adams and
Lona Adams b 19 Oct 1908 Pound, Wise Co VA d 19 Apr 2012 Pound, Wise Co VA; d/o Everette Adams and Savannah Mullins. Lona Adams m. 17 Aug 1928 Pound, Wise Co VA to (1) Teddy Milton Sowards b 20 Jul 1904 Wise Co VA d 31 Aug 1961 Pound, Wise Co VA; s/o Balthis Lee Sowards and Rosa Lee Hubbard. Children of Teddy Sowards and Lona Adams;
1. Teddy Milton Sowards b 20 Nov 1925 VA d 25 Apr 1980 Chesapeake VA; m. 15 Feb 1953 Norfolk VA to Grace Setzer b 1934; d/o James Corpening Setzer and Cora Lee Lewis.
2. Marceline Sowards b 1928 VA; m. 5 May 1957 Scott Co VA to Douglas Bane b 1929; s/o Mathew Bane and Daisy Galloway. Marceline Sowards m. 24 Dec 1946 Wise Co VA to C P Martin b 1918; s/o William Penn Martin and Mageline Lafoon
3. Farrel Sowards b 1932 VA
4. Mildred Sowards b 1937 VA
Obituary: Virgil Sheldon Reynolds
3 Nov 1914 - 4 May 1984
Virgil Reynolds: Pound VA. Virgil Sheldon Reynolds, 69, died Friday night at his residence of an apparent heart attack. He was a retired coal miner and a member of Local Union No. 1256. He was a verteran of World War II serving in the U.S. Army.
Surviving are his wife, Lona Reynolds, Pound; five sons, Paul S. Reynolds, Dexter, Oregon, Bernard Ray Reynolds, Oakridge, Oregon, Joe Reynolds and Ronnie Reynolds both of Pound, Va. and Danny Reynolds, Westfir, Oregon; one stepson, Farrell Sowards, Bedford, Va.; three daughters, Mildred Nygren, Minneapolis, Minn., Bernice Potter, Jackhorn, Ky. and Glenda Wright, Pound, Va.; one step-daughter, Marceline Maier, Security, Colo.; 29 grandchildren; three brothers, B.T. Reynolds, Ed Reynolds and Tommy Reynolds, all of Oakridge, Oregon; one sister, June Johnson, Springfield, Oregon.
Calling hours are after 12 noon Monday. An evening service will be conducted at 7 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Tuesday at Wise County Funeral Home Chapel in Pound with the Rev. Clyde Roop officiating. Friends will serve as pallbearers.
Military graveside services will be conducted by the V.F.W. Post No. 9600 of Pound and American Legion Post No. 66 of Jenkins, Ky. Burial will be in Newsome Family Cemetery in Pound (VA).