William Cody Billy Reynolds
and Clara Jane Whitaker
William Cody Billy Reynolds b 24 Jul 1890 Letcher Co KY d 5 Apr 1978 Pound, Wise Co VA; s/o Joseph Coleman Reynolds and Mary Manerva Morgan. William Cody Billy Reynolds m. 23 Jul 1913 Stacy Branch, Wise Co VA to Clara Jane Whitaker b 19 Apr 1891 VA d 20 Jan 1956 Wise Co VA; d/o McDonald Mack Whitaker and Mary Bell Haddon. Children of William Cody Billy Reynolds and Clara Jane Whitaker;
William Cody Billy Reynolds, Son of Joseph Coleman Reynolds and Mary Manerva Morgan
1. Virgil Sheldon Reynolds b 3 Nov 1914 Pound, Wise Co VA d 4 May 1984 Pound, Wise Co VA; m. 24 Jul 1937 to Lona Adams b 19 Oct 1908 Pound, Wise Co VA d 19 Apr 2012 Pound, Wise Co VA; d/o Everette Adams and Savannah Mullins. Lona Adams m. (1) Teddy Milton Sowards (Taylor) b 20 Jul 1904 Wise Co VA d 31 Aug 1961 Pound, Wise Co VA; s/o Bathis Lee Sowards (Taylor) and Rosa Lee Hubbard
2. June Reynolds b abt 1916 VA; m. 14 Nov 1936 Whitesburg, Letcher Co KY to Robert Johnson b 1915; s/o Irvin Johnson and Rebecca Unknown.
3. Bernard Torrence B.T. Reynolds (aka Vernard) b 21 Jan 1919 Pound, Wise Co VA d 2 May 2006; age 87; Oakridge, Lane Co OR; buried Foresvale Memorial Park Oakridge, Lane Co OR; buried Forestvale Memorial Park, Oakridge, Lane Co OR; m. 5 Oct 1945 Baltimore MD to Beulah O Rose b 31 Jan 1923 d 3 May 2016; age 93; Lane co OR; buried Forestvale Memorial Park, Oakridge, Lane Co OR. Findagrave Memorial.
4. Joseph Edwin Reynolds b abt 1922 d 1996
5. Bobby Charles Reynolds b abt 1936 d 2007
1910 Wise Co VA Census Roberson ED 138
242 242 Sowards Bathus L Head M W 26 M1 6 VA VA VA Farmer
242 242 Sowards Rosa Wife F W 22 M1 6 4 2 VA VA VA
242 242 Sowards Teddy Son M W 5 S VA VA VA
242 242 Sowards James B Son M W 3 S VA VA VA
242 242 Sowards Algernon Son M W 1 S VA VA VA
1920 Wise Co VA Census, Roberson District 0182
5 5 Reynolds William C Head M W 29 M KY VA KY Farmer
5 5 Reynolds Clara Wife F W 28 M VA KY VA
5 5 Reynolds Virgil S Son M W 5 S VA KY VA
5 5 Reynolds June Daughter F W 3 6/12 S VA KY VA
5 5 Reynolds Vernard T. Son M W 11/12 S VA KY VA
1930 Wise Co VA Census, Roberson District 0027
203 203 Reynolds William Head M W 39 M 23 KY VA KY Farmer
203 203 Reynolds Clary Wife H F W 39 M 22 VA KY VA
203 203 Reynolds Virgil S Son M W 15 S VA KY VA
203 203 Reynolds June Daughter F W 13 S VA KY VA
203 203 Reynolds Bernard Son M W 11 S VA KY VA
203 203 Reynolds Edwin Son M W 7 S VA KY VA
204 204 Soward Bathus L Head M W 46 M 20 VA VA VA Farmer
204 204 Soward Rosa Wife H F W 44 M 17 KY VA VA
204 204 Soward Ted Son M W 25 M 24 VA VA KY Middle man Coal mines
204 204 Soward Algernon Son M W 21 S VA VA KY Track man Coal mines
204 204 Soward Lee Son M W 17 S VA VA KY Laborer Farm
204 204 Soward Luther Son M W 15 S VA VA KY Laborer Farm
204 204 Soward Wendell Son M W 11 S VA VA KY
204 204 Soward Miscal Son M W 6 S VA VA KY
205 205 Right Joel E Head M W 47 M 24 KY KY KY Farmer
205 205 Right Mary C Wife H F W 47 M 25 KY KY KY
205 205 Right John W Father M W 90 M 35 KY KY KY (Devil John)
205 205 Right Ellen Mother F W 67 M 59 KY KY NC
1940 Wise Co VA Census, Roberson 98-36
45 Reynolds Virgil Head M W 25 VA Laborer WPA
45 Reynolds Lona Wife F W 21 VA
45 Sowards Marceline Step-daughter F W 12 S VA
45 Sowards Farrel Step-son M W 8 S VA
45 Sowards Mildred Step-daughter F W 3 VA
45 Reynolds Sheldon Son M W 2 S VA
William Cody Billy Reynolds
Registrar Report 1941
William Cody Billy Reynolds was described in his Registrar Report as 5'9" 145 lbs., blue eyes, brown hair and light complexion with no physical characteristics that will aid in id. Age 51, date of birth, 23 Jul 1890, Millstone, KY; Employer's name and address, Grannis, Higgins, Thompson and McDermitt Co., Camp Pickett, Blackstone, VA.
William Cody Billy Reynolds
Registration WWI Draft 1917-1918
Registration Card No. 128 (968) Form 1 3144.
1. Name in full: William C Reynolds Age in yrs. 26
2. Home address: Pound, Va.
3. Date of Birth: July 23, 1890
4. Are you (1) a natural-born citizen, (2) Naturalized citizen, (3) an alien, (4) or have you declared your intentions (specify which)? ... Natural Born.
5. Where were you born? Millstone, Ky. U.S.A.
6. If not a citizen, of what country are you a citizen or subject?
7. What is your present trade, occupation, or office: Farmer
8. By whom employed? Self
Where employed? Pound Va.
9. Have you a father, mother, wife, child uner 12, or a sister or brother under 12, solely dependant on you for support (specify which)? .. Wife - 2 children.
10. Married or single (which)? Married .. Race (specify which)? Caucasian
11. What military service have you had? Rank None; branch ---, years ----, Nation or Stare -----
12 Do you claim exemption from draft (specify grounds)? Dependent family.
I affirm that I have verified above answers and that they are true.
(Signature or mark)... William C Reynolds.
1. Tall, medium, or short (specify which)? Med....Slender, medium, or stout (which)? ....Med....
2. Color of eyes? Blue ... Color of hair? Red .... Bald? No...
3. Has person lost arm, leg, hand, feet, or both eyes, or is he otherwise disabled (specify)? no...
I certify that my answers are true, that the person registered has read his own answers, that I have witnessed his signature, and that all of his answers of which I have knowledge are true, except as follows:
(Signature of registrar): Geo. A Torrence
City or County: Wise
(Date of registration): June 5, 1917
Obituary: Bernard Torrence Reynolds
21 Jan 1919 - 2 May 2006
OAKRIDGE - The graveside funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 13, at Forestvale Memorial Park in Oakridge for Bernard "B.T." Reynolds, of Oakridge, who died May 2 of age-related causes at age 87.
He was born Jan. 21, 1919, in Pound, Va., to William and Clara Whitaker Reynolds. He married Beulah Rose on Oct. 5, 1945, in Baltimore. Reynolds served in the U.S. Army. He worked for 26 years as a coal miner and 18 years as a sawmill worker.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Debbie Stalcup, Barbara Keller and Judy Troute; a sister, June Johnson; a brother, Bob; and eight grandchildren.
A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. July 2 in Pound, Va. Arrangements by Andreason's Cremation & Burial Service in Springfield.
Register guard May 7 2006