Benjamin M Webb
and Laura Jane Spangler
Benjamin M Webb b 3 Oct 1873 Letcher Co KY d 3 Apr 1944 Potters Fork, Letcher Co KY; s/o David Leonard Webb and Sarah Craft. Benjamin M Webb m. 3 Jan 1896 Letcher Co KY to Laura Jane Spanger b 18 Jan 1873 d 25 Nov 1948 Letcher Co KY; d/o Benjamin Franklin Spangler and Susan Spangler. Children of Benjamin M Webb and Laura Jane Spangler;
1. Myrtha Myrtle Webb b 2 Oct 1896 KY d 2 Jan 1985 Letcher Co KY; (findagrave Memorial #106079502); buried Webb Cemetetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY; m. abt 1910 Letcher Co KY to James Blaine Adams b 20 Feb 1887 Letcher Co KY d 10 Feb 1965 Letcher Co KY; Findagrave Memorial; buried Webb Cemetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY; s/o Simpson Evan Adams and Sarah Webb. Children of James Blaine Adams and Myrtha Myrtle Webb;
i. Bennett Adams b 27 Jun 1914 Letcher Co KY d 19 Apr 1987 Dayton, Montgomery Co OH; buried Webb Cemetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY
ii. Urias Adams b 1917 KY
iii. Benjamin Adams b 10 May 1918 Letcher Co KY d 17 Nov 1975 Lexington, Fayette Co KY; buried Webb Cemetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY, plot 15.
iv. Blaine Adams Jr b 23 Aug 1938 d ? burial place, Webb Cemetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY.
v. Hobert Adams b 1938 Mayking, Letcher Co KY d 1938 Mayking, Letcher Co KY (stillborn).
2. Lee Webb b 24 May 1898 d 10 Jan 1938 Letcher Co KY; buried Mayking, Letcher Co KY; m. Lillie Maudie Stallard b 5 Jul 1897 Letcher Co KY d 25 Dec 1978; buried Mayking, Letcher Co KY; d/o James Bradley Stallard and Elizabeth Matilda Bentley.
3. Minnie Webb b 1901 KY
4. Euna Webb b 1903 KY
5. Alfred Webb b 29 Dec 1905 KY
6. Ballard Webb b 28 Oct 1907 KY d 7 Dec 1978; buried Haven of Rest Cemetery, Mayking, Letcher Co KY; m. Loretta Quillen b 11 Jan 1911 d 6 Jun 1997; d/o Dunk Quillen and Roxie Meade.
7. Susie F Webb b 1910 KY
8. Nannie B Webb b 1912 KY
9. Betty Ann Webb b 29 Jan 1917 Letcher Co KY
Obituary of Benamin M Webb
Mt Eagle Newspaper, Whitesburt, KY
Thursday Evening, April 13, 1944
Ben M Webb Passes From Time
Ben M Webb of Potter's Fork, Ky., died on Monday, April 3, 1944 at his residence. He was born on October 3, 1873, aged 71 years 6 months. He had been in poor health for the past year but his sudden death resulted from a heart attack. He is the son of Dave L. and Sally Webb and was married to Laura Spangler, to which union was born ten children: eight of whom survive him and two deceased: Ballard, Alfred and two boys deceased, Mrs. Blain Adams, Mrs. R B Wright, Mrs. Willie Stallard, Mrs. Ellis Anderson, Mrs. Sam Anderson and Mrs. Curtis Anderson. Uncle Ben was a good father, a devoted husband and an out-standing citizen and will be missed by his many relatives and friends as well as the community in which he made his home.
He is survived by several brothers and sisters: J. Matt Webb, Ermine; Joe Webb, Louisville, Ky.; Urias Webb, Mayking, Ky.; Mrs. Jane Craft, Millstone; Mrs. Nannie Polly, Whitaker, Ky.; Mrs. Letha Davis, Foriston, Ky.; and Mrs. Maudie Weaver and Mrs. Florence Riddle, Alan, Ky. Funeral services were held at the Residence on Potter's Fork, Ky., Thursday, March 6, 1944 at 1:00 P.M., O'clock with Rev. G. Bennett Adams, Rev. Willis Tolliver and Rev. Dewey Sexton officiating. Burial in the Brose Wright Cemetery. Craft Funeral Home in charge of Funeral Arrangements.